Roadster built for the longer ride - Harley Davidson Roadster Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Roadster built for the longer ride

Let me start by saying that I have browsed this site and have utilized it to get some great ideas for mods and future mods so thank you to all currently sharing on here. I decided on the Roadster purely based around the suspension. I have been riding and racing motorcycles for nearly two decades so suspension was very important to me... However, I purchased a Harley as a cruising bike and frequently ride long distances so there were a few needed modifications to fit the bill. First of all I added forward controls because otherwise my knees were constantly in the way. I swapped out the very nice looking seat for a more comfortable mustang solo. Added the burly sissy bar for the wife. And in doing so had to cut the rear bracket of the tail lights. Up front are TC bros tracker bars, biltwell grips, LED headlight and a slipstreamer windshield for winter riding. As far as performance mods I added short shots and the night rider VIED O2 sensor tuner. An intake would be next on my agenda but in the mean time I'm very content with the current ride. I will create a few more posts with more pics since it seems adding html from photobucket isn't and option yet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	490  
Administrator and HDCruizin like this.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." Ronald Reagan
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:12 PM

Welcome to the forums ! That's a beautiful bike and would love to hear some sound clips of how it sounds. I'm not sure if you'll be able to post links yet until you get a few more posts. I am unsure how many unfortunately though.. you could break it up and post it and another member can embed it here for you though
PARoaddog likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:24 PM

Welcome to the forum and glad the threads here are giving you ideas. If you don't mind sharing, where did you get the forward controls?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you David, i will definitely work on getting a good sound clip or video up. The Short Shots give a great sound but are "almost" too loud lol. I look forward to posting more especially once riding season comes back around. PA loves to throw salt and anti-skid all over the roads so it can definitely be a sketchy ride.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCruizin View Post
Welcome to the forum and glad the threads here are giving you ideas. If you don't mind sharing, where did you get the forward controls?
I ended up biting the bullet and ordering the controls through Harley. Not the cheapest option but it made for a reasonably easy install. The mid controls were nice, even reminded me of riding motocross lol, but the pegs IMO stuck out too far and were too close to the passenger pegs which made for awkward stops and more difficult two-up riding. I attached another angle of the controls.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	562
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	506  

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 01:23 PM

Ou that's a nice Camaro as well Great photo ops with that combination!

The short shots are essentially early cut straight pipes right?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The Short Shots have a baffle, but it doesn't do much baffling lol. I know a lot of people add the quiet baffle which tones it down and most actually think it sounds better. I can't say whether it sound better or not, but mine are very loud.

And the Camaro is the wife's ride. It's an 2 Lt with the RS package and a 6 speed manual. I will let her have her toys if she lets me have mine, and to add I'm not opposed to her wanting to take my 4Runner when I get to take her car lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	354
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	514  

Last edited by PARoaddog; 01-15-2017 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Add Picture
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 01:47 AM

How are you liking the slipstreamer?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGrath View Post
How are you liking the slipstreamer?
I like it a lot. It only has two mounts to the handlebars so I think it vibrates a little more at idle than other windshields I've experienced on other bikes. Also note that I have Tracker bars and still had to hack saw the mounting rods about 2 inches so they don't hit the fuel tank.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 11:50 AM

Gosh darn that's a pretty dope ride! The RS package is definitely something I've loved to see, HID's, spoiler, different wheels if I remember correctly ?

Sorry to thread jack... I'll contain myself again, promise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Roadster Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page