Harley-Davidson Roadster vs. Indian Scout vs. Moto Guzzi Bobber vs. Victory Octane - Harley Davidson Roadster Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Harley-Davidson Roadster vs. Indian Scout vs. Moto Guzzi Bobber vs. Victory Octane

Motorcycle.Com has released a four way urban sport cruiser showdown between the Harley-Davidson Roadster, Indian Scout, Moto Guzzi Bobber, and the Victory Octane.

Although subjective, the Roadster is the winner when it comes to looks. To decide which one won the Cool Factor category of the Scorecard, the four bikes were judged on their appearances, desirability, and poser value. If this is the basis on which you choose your next bike, than the Roadster is the one for you with its sporty and brawny looks.

As for and torque, the Roadster seems to have an advantage and even though it weighs 567 pounds (wet) the bike is still able to deliver 7.7 pounds per pound-foot of torque. Coming in second are the Octane and Scout with the Bobber lagging behind. But, this doesn’t mean the Roadster is a clear winner because thanks to its immense flywheel weight, the engine is slow to rev or wind down making it feel sluggish.

When it comes to pure horsepower, the Scout and Octane takes the lead as they both rev higher and faster than the other two. Evans Brasfield, one of the testers, says the Scout has the “most ass-kicking engine” out of the group and even though the Octane can challenge it in terms of power, the Scout still wins with its smooth and predictable power delivery. At least the Roadster isn’t coming in last. The Bobber seems to be struggling to catch up but it does have character with plenty of quirks.

Although the Roadster didn’t unanimously win over all four judges, both Kevin Duke and Evans had positive things to say about it. Kevin finds it aesthetically pleasing with its athletic stance and engine that looks like something from WW2 but, he think s the Roadster is more of a second or third bike in the garage. Evans on the other hand, chose the Roadster over the Guzzi because of its predictable steering, stable leans, and suspension.

At the end of the day, this isn’t a sport bike where every bit of horsepower and second shaved off counts. The winning urban sport cruiser is whichever bike makes it into your garage.

Harley-Davidson Roadster, Indian Scout, Moto Guzzi Bobber, And Victory Octane Album

Last edited by HD Roadster News; 07-19-2016 at 03:44 PM.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 10:53 AM

I would choose predictable steering, stable leans, and suspension over power all day everyday. I'm past the point where I need to ride at breakneck speed and the Roadster will make a perfect everyday ride with a comfortable seat and great ergonomics.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 03:27 PM

Power definitely isn't a concern of mine either. Not buying this to go fast or anything. Just want a comfy ride for cruising

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 11:14 AM

the scout seat does look like it has the most back support but the roadster has better torque delivery at the lower rev ranges.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 12:30 PM

The aesthetics is definitely another reason why I love this thing. But you're right, I don't need the speed, nor will I be trying to hit high speeds with this. Once it's comfy, smooth, and easy to handle, that's all I'm looking for.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 10:51 AM

Out of the bunch, the Roadster looks the best. It has a sort of updated body but still retained some of that old school cruiser character.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Roadster Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page