Low profile sissy bar install
So, I installed the HD low profile sissy bar (HD#52300403) on my bike today. For some reason, the instructions made it sound like a project to do it, but it was super simple. No rear wheel removal necessary, as the instructions call out (at least on a Roadster).
Torx T40 socket
Cardboard protector pieces (you'll see in the instructions)
Jack to raise bike (maybe not on a Roadster, but I did).
1. Jack up bike (or not if you can get your hand in there)
2. Remove 2 torx bolts and 4 1/2 bolts. You do NOT have to remove the saddle, btw.
3. Put cardboard protectors in place to not scratch up fender.
4. Slide/wrestle bar into place.
5. Remove cardboard and reinstall bolts
This takes about 30-45 minutes tops... even the first time.
A couple hints for fashioning the cardboard protection pieces.
1. Cut a small notch where the turn signal wires go.
2. Only make it as tall as necessary.
3. No access to cardboard? You can pick up a moving box from Home Depot for less than $1. If you dont use it, you will likely scratch your fender.
The bar looks somewhat tall in the pics, but it is mostly a "butt stop" for the passenger. Swinging my leg over the bike was not affected, but YMMV. I may get the pad for it, and/or make a small pouch to hold small items that I dont want bouncing around in my saddlebag.
2016 Roadster Vivid Black - SE air cleaner / FP-3 / Cobra Speedster RPT exhaust. NRHS 1250 kit w/ Hurricane Cat 3 cams. Daymaker headlight and Custom Dynamics turn signals.
Last edited by 34nineteen; 02-01-2019 at 11:30 AM.