2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Greetings

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0566.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	865Just found the forum and thought I'd drop in. I purchased my Vivid Black Roadster in November 2016 and have managed to put some miles on it due to the Mild winter so far. All I can say is I Love this bike! I've always been a "sport bike" guy and swore I'd never own a Harley... never say never! I wandered into my local dealership one Saturday and road out later that day. Something about this bike really spoke to me, it just looked great, and I had a vision of how it might look as I personalized it. I'm looking forward to some new ideas and info regarding my Roadster and I can't wait for Spring.
Administrator and Gray like this.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:50 PM

Welcome to the forums

Have you thought of anything that you want to get done first yet?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Already added Vance & Hines Big Radius exhaust and Fuelpak 3 as well as Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather intake. Pipes are kinda loud but I love the look ! The flush mount gas cap from HD really cleaned up the lines of the bike. I pinstriped the wheels with a little bit of orange and added the HD LED under fender tail lite. I'm thinking about different foot pegs and mirrors "bar end" if I find something I like. Always a work in progress

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 12:30 AM

Garage
Looks like you are off to a great start. Every time a see the roadster in vivid I wish I wouldn't have been sucked into the denim, just looks sharp with gloss lol. You are not kidding about this mild weather we are enjoying, truly blessed.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 03:19 PM

I definitely should have looked at the photo first.. terribly sorry! But you are right, always a work in progress and it's never really over is it? Bar end mirrors would clean that up very nicely though. You're definitely on a great start and have some real good taste, can't wait to see more
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I definitely should have looked at the photo first.. terribly sorry! But you are right, always a work in progress and it's never really over is it? Bar end mirrors would clean that up very nicely though. You're definitely on a great start and have some real good taste, can't wait to see more
Thanks ! I'd love to check out the roads in your neighborhood!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Attachment 865Just found the forum and thought I'd drop in. I purchased my Vivid Black Roadster in November 2016 and have managed to put some miles on it due to the Mild winter so far. All I can say is I Love this bike! I've always been a "sport bike" guy and swore I'd never own a Harley... never say never! I wandered into my local dealership one Saturday and road out later that day. Something about this bike really spoke to me, it just looked great, and I had a vision of how it might look as I personalized it. I'm looking forward to some new ideas and info regarding my Roadster and I can't wait for Spring.

I hear ya. I owned a Sporty back in the 90's to see what the big deal was about and promptly went back to sport bikes. Fast forward 20 years later, I'm in the HD dealer getting a replacement part for my Buell 1125CR and I saw the Roadster on the way out (actually I saw the upside down fork and went to look closer). From there the hook was set, and when HD had a special finanacing offer over the summer, the dealer just had to reel this sucker in.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARoaddog View Post
Looks like you are off to a great start. Every time a see the roadster in vivid I wish I wouldn't have been sucked into the denim, just looks sharp with gloss lol. You are not kidding about this mild weather we are enjoying, truly blessed.
The Vivid black is cool when its clean, but it definitely requires a lot of upkeep to keep it looking its best.

I was torn between the silver and the Vivid black.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 02:56 PM

I would definitely want to get PPF for the vivid black as black shows out scratches and marring so much !
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 03:20 AM

Ppf?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Roadster Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page