Anyone replaced tire yet? - Harley Davidson Roadster Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone replaced tire yet?

I'm due for new tires soon (at 3000 miles), curious to see if anyone has replaced theirs yet, Ive never been a fan of dunlops, curious if anyone has replaced yet with a different brand, looks like options are limited, looks like the only options are Pirelli night dragons, Michelin Commanders, Avon Cobras, or Metzeler (888 rear, 880 front). Ive always been a metzeler fan but I don't really want to run a 888 rear and 880 front, plus this bike handles waaaay better than my 04 dyna did so may want a better handling tire this go, think I'm leaning towards the avons.
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 12:24 PM

The stock ones are still fine.

Metzeler is out if you don't want to run 888/880. The Pirelli Night Dragons have great straight line traction and it's proper grippy on twisty roads. But the Avons are cheaper and they're pretty good tires too. Can't really go wrong with any of those and Michelin is just reliable option.

can't really tell you which one to get as it's ultimately going on your Roadster.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 12:57 PM

What about the Bridgestone Exedra Max? If wearing out tires prematurely is a concern, the Exedra should last you a while.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 11:46 AM

Wow! You must ride pretty hard for a 3000 mile replacement. I'm at 3000 miles on mine and I thought I ripped around on it but my tires still look really good. I'm looking at the Avons, but in another 7000 miles

'16 Roadster, Stage 4 kit, V&H comp 2 into 1, PowerVision tune, SE Heavy Breather, Biltwell Moto bars, Daymaker headlight & Custom Dynamics signals. Biltwell mushman pegs, Edward Ritchie sissy bar. Bung King highway peg crash bar. Saddlemen Explorer 2 up seat. Lucky Dave's Sportster seat. LA Fairing Co El Diablo fairing.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I did see those, they don't make the rear size though in 150/70/18.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Haha yeah I have yet to push this bike to its full yet, I love it, but yeah my front tires still fine however its starting to cup, and rear is about 2/32's left. I think I'm going to go with the avons.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Recon what did you get for hp/tq out of your stage 4 if you don't mind me asking?
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:01 PM

Someone put 4,600k on a Night Dragon rear tire and it was worn down after that. Have you installed the avons yet?
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I have not, riding seasons come to a halt here in Iowa lol I'm still in between the avons and metzelers.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracy67 View Post
Recon what did you get for hp/tq out of your stage 4 if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry, just saw this, and actually just finally got it dyno'd this week. 76 hp, 86 tq. the tune is all over the place though, so is the air/fuel mixture. I'll be taking off the vance & hines fp3, and getting the powervision license sometime in April.

'16 Roadster, Stage 4 kit, V&H comp 2 into 1, PowerVision tune, SE Heavy Breather, Biltwell Moto bars, Daymaker headlight & Custom Dynamics signals. Biltwell mushman pegs, Edward Ritchie sissy bar. Bung King highway peg crash bar. Saddlemen Explorer 2 up seat. Lucky Dave's Sportster seat. LA Fairing Co El Diablo fairing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Roadster Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page