Harley Davidson Roadster Screaming Eagle - Harley Davidson Roadster Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Harley Davidson Roadster Screaming Eagle

Here's what the Roadster sounds like with Screamin' Eagle exhaust or slip on. They didn't really specify which one is installed and it doesn't sound as bad as I thought it would.

I've certainly heard louder Harleys before.

This one is with Screaming Eagle muffler and it sounds a lot more obnoxious.

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 12:55 PM

Jeeeez that screaming eagle muffler sounds lethal. Little mini gun-fight going on or something.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 12:39 PM

To each their own. I'm sure someone out there like the sound of the screaming eagle, that's why Harley sells screamin eagle performance parts on their site. Just not really my cup of tea, wouldn't want to wale up the whole street if I need to ride in the morning.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 04:51 PM

I think the stock Roadster will still be able to wake people up in the morning. Do we have dB readings on the stock system ?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 12:29 PM

No idea, I've heard that straight off the line some Harleys can go as high as 80 decibels. Long periods of listening to loud exhausts and other noises can render you deaf over time so I'd rather have a quiet exhaust.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

I've tried wearing earplugs while riding, it helps reduce wind noise but it still lets in enough sound to let you know when someone is honking their horn at you. A great investment to protect your hearing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Roadster Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page