Service Manual - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Roadster Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 04:50 PM

Service. that is what this post was about, correct?

'16 Roadster, Stage 4 kit, V&H comp 2 into 1, PowerVision tune, SE Heavy Breather, Biltwell Moto bars, Daymaker headlight & Custom Dynamics signals. Biltwell mushman pegs, Edward Ritchie sissy bar. Bung King highway peg crash bar. Saddlemen Explorer 2 up seat. Lucky Dave's Sportster seat. LA Fairing Co El Diablo fairing.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 01:50 AM

Yup, that's what this thread is about. I'm just surprised you managed to find a free copy online, but paper copy is preferable when working on your bike.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 11:07 PM

I agree, but I can just print out the pages I need for whatever I'm doing, beats trying to jump to different pages with dirty fingers, and bending the book over, placing stuff on it to hold it down to make it readable.

The manual is 582 pages, so I'll buy a copy eventually for the 2017 manual, probably cheaper and less of a headache than trying to print it out.

'16 Roadster, Stage 4 kit, V&H comp 2 into 1, PowerVision tune, SE Heavy Breather, Biltwell Moto bars, Daymaker headlight & Custom Dynamics signals. Biltwell mushman pegs, Edward Ritchie sissy bar. Bung King highway peg crash bar. Saddlemen Explorer 2 up seat. Lucky Dave's Sportster seat. LA Fairing Co El Diablo fairing.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 12:34 PM

If you work on your Roadster enough and keep printing relevant pages out, soon you'll have unconsciously printed out the whole service manual.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 04:33 AM

Post 2017 Roadster Service Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconTopher View Post
I haven't seen a manual yet that covered the Roadster, I'm assuming we need to wait for a 2017 manual. That part number on the first post doesn't cover Roadsters.
Ask and you shall receive!
I have a .pdf copy of the 2017 Harley-Davidson Sportster Models Workshop Service Repair Manual. I scanned the manual with OCR recognition so all 602 pages are searchable text. I cant paste the link here because I only have one post. If you would like a copy just email me at [email protected],com and I will respond with the link.
I needed the torque specs of some bolts so I just bit the bullet and purchased it.

The manual is 602 pages.
The file size is 323 MB.
The part number is 94000384

for Models:
- 2017 Harley-Davidson SuperLow - XL883L
- 2017 Harley-Davidson SuperLow 1200T - XL1200T
- 2017 Harley-Davidson Iron 883 - XL883N
- 2017 Harley-Davidson 1200 Custom - XL1200C , XL1200CB
- 2017 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight - XL1200X
- 2017 Harley-Davidson Roadster - XL1200CX
HDRider, Cmsimon, malice and 1 others like this.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCruizin View Post
If you work on your Roadster enough and keep printing relevant pages out, soon you'll have unconsciously printed out the whole service manual.
In a way that can happen but at the same time you can in that process pin point what's really important and what you really need to focus on. So in the end you might need 30% of the manual 90% of the duration of time you plan on owning one.

Beats flipping through all those pages.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 01:22 PM

Bumping this for any of the new people so you can get the digital version of the service manual thanks to JDMartin7470
HDRider likes this.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconTopher View Post
Bumping this for any of the new people so you can get the digital version of the service manual thanks to JDMartin7470
That has me thinking that a must read thread should be created that covers certain things that all new and existing owners/members should go through.
ReconTopher likes this.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 11:33 PM

Garage
Anyone have a copy of the service manual? having real trouble finding a manual other than the clymer, and wondering if what is discussed here is still available. thanks...
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 04:34 PM

I know this post is old, but i though this is something every owner should have. So there is an alternative:

harley-manuals.com/product/2018-sportster-models-service-manual-94000575

As you will see, each year a service manual is relased for all sportsters models (including the XL1200CX, named Roadster). The model was the same since it was released, so since I acquired my own in 2018 I guess all years that includes the XL1200CX will be ok for us (And this explains why different people reference different part number for the service manual).

according to my knowledge, there is another book that is cheaper and contains the torque force recommended for each part. Take in mind that in spain the service manual is around 200USD, the torque force manual is around 35USD, and the electric manual is an additional manual sold separately (don't remember the price, sorry).

Best Regards and hope it works for you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Roadster Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page