Harley-Davidson Roadster Vs. Victory Octane - Harley Davidson Roadster Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Harley-Davidson Roadster Vs. Victory Octane

Ultimate Motorcycling did a comparison test for the Harley-Davidson Roadster and the Victory Octane. The Octane may have more power but the Roadster hits torque peak at 3750 rpm while the Octane hits it at 6000 rpm, making the Roadster better for city riding or taking those tight canyon turns.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 05:19 PM

Even on the highway that helps with getting up to speed since once your at speed its easier at that point. But overall this is an ideal bike for highway riding.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 11:08 AM

Seems like it.. I'm just a bit worried about the vibration. Would prefer the peak torque on the bottom end regardless though

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 11:35 AM

Low end torque like the Roadster's won't be winning any track races bit it'll be a lot more enjoyable on the street and that's what the review gets. Some reviews I've seen are biased towards oversquare, higher-revving bikes.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Wouldn't want to go for a high revving Octance anyways, it vibrates at the higher levels of their rev ranges but that's exactly where the Octane starts showing off its chops.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:02 PM

Well, looks like the Roadster will win this by default.

Looks like Polaris is winding back Victory. Not good.

Victory Motorcycle Important Announcement | Polaris Industries
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:47 PM

Garage
[quote=34nineteen;13106]Well, looks like the Roadster will win this by default.

Looks like Polaris is winding back Victory. Not good.

IIRC folks were predicting this once the new Indians appeared in numbers.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! ― Hunter S. Thompson
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:22 AM

Any idea what sales figures looked like ??
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 12:04 PM

Makes sense, Polaris is getting most of their income from their powersport products like ATVs and other off-road vehicles. No idea what the sales figures looks like, I think those are published at manufacturer's discretion.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 10:59 PM

Old thread, but the above is BS about the octane power output. My friend just picked a brand new one two weeks ago. I rode it about 40 miles and it absolutely moves at ALL rpms. Throttle response is better and pulls hard the moment you whack the throttle. I am sure gearing plays a big roll here since he has a 6 speed to our 5 speed. I just picked up a roadster 3 days ago, and no where power wise does it come close to matching an octane. His bike handles nice but i really dont enjoy forward controls pushing a bike through some twisties, though its good for my knees.

I just hope when my 2 into 1 exhuast and tuner shows up i can keep up. Right now looking at a dyno chart from a stock octane vs a stock roadster based on 3500 rpm.

Roadster: 45hp / 68ft-tq
Octane: 46hp / 69ft-tq

Looks pretty close until you factor in the gearing, which gets him up to his peak power quicker and it might even be a few lbs lighter.
DrJ likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Roadster Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page