Harley-Davidson Roadster Vs. Victory Octane - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Roadster Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button View Post
Old thread, but the above is BS about the octane power output. My friend just picked a brand new one two weeks ago. I rode it about 40 miles and it absolutely moves at ALL rpms. Throttle response is better and pulls hard the moment you whack the throttle. I am sure gearing plays a big roll here since he has a 6 speed to our 5 speed. I just picked up a roadster 3 days ago, and no where power wise does it come close to matching an octane. His bike handles nice but i really dont enjoy forward controls pushing a bike through some twisties, though its good for my knees.

I just hope when my 2 into 1 exhuast and tuner shows up i can keep up. Right now looking at a dyno chart from a stock octane vs a stock roadster based on 3500 rpm.

Roadster: 45hp / 68ft-tq
Octane: 46hp / 69ft-tq

Looks pretty close until you factor in the gearing, which gets him up to his peak power quicker and it might even be a few lbs lighter.
That might have something to do with all the Victory bikes I've been seeing. Over the years they have grown in popularity. Went from not seeing them at all to seeing them more than Harleys in some cases.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Roadster Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page