PistonHeads - Harley Davidson Roadster - Harley Davidson Roadster Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By David

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

PistonHeads - Harley Davidson Roadster

Quote:
The new Harley Sportster that actually lives up to its name
This alone says a lot straight from the beginning of the article so I knew it was going to be good. Overall the article is pretty good. The HD roadster seems to be surprising people, even those that are from the sport bike sector.

Quote:
A surprising ride
I've been on quite a few Harley launches when I've been told the handling is better and been left disappointed, but the Roadster was a real surprise.
Full Article by PistonHeads : Harley-Davidson Roadster: PH2 Review | PistonHeads

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 12:30 PM

Overall a positive review except for the foot peg positioning for those who aren't used to it. This is going to be a pain to change and so far I know only two ways to change the position, either buy an aftermarket relocation kit or custom fabricate something.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

I've never been good at custom fabricating so either way I would have to take it to someone to get done. I'd definitely rather just buy an aftermarket relocation kit.
HDRider likes this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I've never been good at custom fabricating so either way I would have to take it to someone to get done. I'd definitely rather just buy an aftermarket relocation kit.
I agree with you on that. Off the shelf is my main way to get things done. Down the road though I might have to become friends with a fab guy that does good work... paying for beer is cheaper than paying for labor
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Ah the good old, "I'll grab you a case of beer if you help me get this done." Which usually ends up with me drinking majority of the case but.. it's the thought that counts
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 12:22 PM

I'm actually guilty of this with my car. Just pay them back with a case of beer and food.

Would the roadster be able to draw sport riders over? Even the author's friend thinks it looks great.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Ah the good old, "I'll grab you a case of beer if you help me get this done." Which usually ends up with me drinking majority of the case but.. it's the thought that counts
That and whip out the BBQ. Beer's and all of what you would typically need to have a small BBQ still amounts to less than what an hour worth of labor at the local dealer is
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn View Post
I'm actually guilty of this with my car. Just pay them back with a case of beer and food.

Would the roadster be able to draw sport riders over? Even the author's friend thinks it looks great.
I think it will.. but the older aged sport riders. Not the young guys. The roadster is extremely appealing. Looks great, sounds great, looks modern with a few touches of retro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRider View Post
That and whip out the BBQ. Beer's and all of what you would typically need to have a small BBQ still amounts to less than what an hour worth of labor at the local dealer is
See.. with it making financial sense, how could you possibly go wrong ?!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 12:16 PM

This would appeal more to the older crowd or young riders who've gone through their sportbike phase and are ready for something with better ergonomics.

My currency of choice is usually pizza with beer but maybe I'll start paying for labor with BBQ instead.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 06:16 PM

Sounds like me. I sold off my Buells after I saw the Roadster. Harley had an amazing financing deal back when I bought mine, so there was no way out for me.

However, I still find myself trolling badweb, buellxb.com and craigslist in search of another Buell...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Roadster Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page