Luggage? - Harley Davidson Roadster Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Luggage?

Hi Team,

I went for a great ride over a weekend a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately all I had luggage wise was a backpack.....after 6 hours on the bike each day I was over the backpack.

Im thinking a mailbag or throw over saddlebags..they not be on there permanently only when I go away so if i can avoid hardware that makes the bike look like crap that would be nice....also not interested in a sissybar at all.....any suggestions?

thanks

P
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 09:00 PM

Lots of nice tailbags out there. I have one from saddleman that holds a fair bit. Check out revzila, good variety and service. I also have a BadG&customs solo swingarm bag. Found a mount on eBay from Germany that bolts on to passenger peg mount, nice piece.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Yeah cool

I was looking at this one: https://dririder.com.au/all-products...orer-tail-pack

I would like to see how it fits on the bike though

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 04:34 PM

I bought and been using a Single side Saddlebag from Pack Animal. They are a little on the expensive side but the quality is top notch and the interior is waterproof. Also the bag works as a messenger with an extra shoulder strap they offer. Those are hand made here in the US
Packanimal.co
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 10:24 PM

The best design is the Wolfman Beta Plus bag. It's a tailbag with side overhang (so it carries your luggage weight low on the bike), is about 45L capacity, straps on easily to the Roadster, looks good, and is water-resistant. (A 100% waterproof cover is available.) I absolutely love mine.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 04:08 PM

Hi there! (I'm going to present myself just after this post).

I've been using a kriega US30 for year and a half. The good thing is I use it as a messenger bag when the ride is short and the weight is light, but I can mount it in the back part of the seat when ride is longer or weight is heavier using exactly the same set up than this youtube video: "Installing a Kriega US-30 Bag on my Iron 883 - Right Thing Motos" (I can't post the link here)
Hope it helps!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Roadster Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page