Tall Rider Mods - Harley Davidson Roadster Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Tall Rider Mods

Seeking other rider inputs as to what mods worked or didn’t work for a tall rider to increase comfort, Thanks
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1roadie6 View Post
Seeking other rider inputs as to what mods worked or didn’t work for a tall rider to increase comfort, Thanks
Rolled the bars forward, and changed out the seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171218_173910852.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	2874  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Started looking at seats per your suggestion, when u rolled bars forward did u then have to roll controls back or were they fine, thanks

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 04:16 PM

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Yeah, you'll probably want to adjust the controls. The bars aren't nubbed though, so it's not that hard. Check your local home depot or another place for a cruz tools star wrench. Has most of the wrenches in one tool.

The seat is a Mustang Regal Duke. Works well for taller guys. They also have a daytripper that will put you back even further, but the Duke works good for me.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help Stretchman, good starting points, hopefully if I do make a change in seats I get it right the first time. I really like the style of the stocker so I may roll with that and see how it breaks in, waiting on Spring
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 05:29 PM

Glad to help.

This is a pic with the rack and new pillion pad installed. The rack comes in real handy on my commute.

The more I ride it, the more comfortable it gets. Little tweaks mean all the difference. Give yourself some timne between changes, so as not to overdue it and then think that it won't work. It will, just give it time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180205_151110982.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	457.0 KB
ID:	2977  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 11:27 AM

Maybe an adjustable rear set would be helpful when it comes to legroom. Has anyone installed an aftermarket set?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCruizin View Post
Maybe an adjustable rear set would be helpful when it comes to legroom. Has anyone installed an aftermarket set?
The HD Rear Sets/RSD rearsets only make the riding position more cramped. They certainly improve the riding position for cornering but do not make the bike more comfortable.

Another alternative would be taller rear shocks. I know Ohlins and Fox make a 14”+ shock. Another inch is a big change and it’s an opportunity to improve upon the stock emulsion shocks (despite what Harley touts as performance parts, they are junk).
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 08:00 AM

1 inch lowered foot pegs on a roadster?

Does anyone know if these lowered pegs are an option? The position of your feet is 1 inch lower than normal. Or will they touch the ground? I think it's a huge difference for your legs with these lowered pegs.
You can find them by searching for Knight-Design-Harley-Davidson in google.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pegs.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	3098  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsesselle View Post
Does anyone know if these lowered pegs are an option? The position of your feet is 1 inch lower than normal. Or will they touch the ground? I think it's a huge difference for your legs with these lowered pegs.
You can find them by searching for Knight-Design-Harley-Davidson in google.
Great find! This could be exactly what I need to make my rear sets more comfortable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Roadster Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page